The 10 best places to see Endeavour fly over Sacramento | News
SACRAMENTO, CA - Sometime around 9:30 a.m. Friday, the Space Shuttle Endeavour will be passing over the Capitol Building on the back of a 747 at about 1,500 feet elevation.
Obviously, the best place to get a look is going to be downtown, near the Capitol. Access to high-rise buildings is going to be limited, but if you happen to work in, have a friend staying in, or can somehow sneak into one of the following 10 tallest buildings in Sacramento, you'll see the shuttle from city's best vantage points:
1. Wells Fargo Center - 423 ft
2. US Bank Tower - 402 ft
3. US Bank Plaza - 380 ft
4. Cal/EPA Building - 372 ft
5. Renaissance Tower - 372 ft
6. Capitol Square - 351 ft
7. U.S. Courthouse & Federal Building - 350 ft
8. Esquire Plaza - 322 ft
9. Sheraton Grand Sacramento - 318 ft
10. 1201K Tower - 238 ft
If you can't get into any of those buildings, the best bet and likely most popular spot is going to be the lawn of the Capitol Building.
Due to security reasons, the actual flight plan is not being made public, but we do know for certain that it will be passing overhead sometime Friday morning, probably around 9:30, the time ranges time between about 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
By Jonathan Mumm, email@example.com
Upcoming Events near Midtown / Downtown / Old Sac / N. Sac
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Community Radio Studio Remodeled, Hope for New FM Station Soon
- Handmade Holiday Decor: DIY Faux Brass Himmeli Orb
- Help Elder Neighbors Connect to the Community
- East Sacramento Santa Adventure and Holiday Boutique—This will be a great event!
- Tips For Responding to the Draft Environmental Impact Report for McKinley Village