Hartz issues recall on dog treats | Animal Lovers
Hartz Mountain Corp., who makes a variety of pet products, has issued a voluntary recall of two lines of dog treats.
According to KABC Los Angeles, the Hartz Chicken Chews and Hartz Oinkies Pig Skin Twists with Chicken for dogs were recalled due to "trace amounts of unapproved antibiotics residue found in samples of the products.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration said two-thirds of the products tested were free of the residue, but the lines were recalled as a precautionary measure.
"The trace amounts of antibiotic residue do not pose a health risk to pets at the levels detected, and it's highly unlikely that the antibiotics are related to reports of illnesses the agency has received related to jerky pet treats in the past," according to KABC.
The following products are included in the recall:
Hartz Chicken Chews Soft and Tenders
• 3.5oz. package UPC Number 32700-11966
• 8oz. package UPC Number 32700-11967
• 16oz package UPC Number 32700-11953
• 24oz package UPC Number 32700-11954
• 20oz package UPC Number 32700-51694
Hartz Chicken Chews Soft and Tender Bite Sized
• 5.7oz package UPC Number 32700-12856
• 16oz package UPC Number 32700-12765
Hartz Oinkies Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken
• 20 pack Pig Skin Twist Sticks wrapped w/ Chicken UPC Number 32700-13472
• 7 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03330
• 15 pack Mini Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03331
• 5 pack Pig Skin Twists wrapped with Chicken UPC Number 32700-03354
Hartz representatives said no illnesses have been reported in connection with the recalled treats.